- American Academy of Pediatrics In-Depth Information on Children’s Health Issues
- CDC (Center for Disease Control) Variety of Public Health and Safety Issues
- Department of Health and Human Services Parents: Raising Safe, Healthy Kids
- Healthy Children.org Wonderful web resource created by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- KidsHealth.com Sections for Parents, Teens & Younger Children
- National Institutes of Health: Children’s Health Basics/Latest Research
- Rhode Island Department of Health – Health Information Specific to RI
- Mayo Clinic Diseases and Conditions
- Infants and Mothers. BY: T. Berry Brazelton.
- Nursing Mother’s Companion. BY: Kathleen Higgins.
- Mommy Made. BY: Martha Kimmel.
- What To Expect the First Year. BY: A. Eisenberg.
- The First Three Years of Life. BY: Burton L. White.
- The Secret of Parenting. BY: Anthony Wolf.
- Growing Up Happy. BY: Bob Keeshan.
- Positive Discipline. BY: Jane Nelson.
- Your One-Year-Old: The Fun-Loving, Fussy 12-To 24-Month-Old. BY: Louise Bates Ames and Frances L. Ilg
- Your Two-Year-Old: Terrible or Tender. BY: Louise Bates Ames
- Your Three-Year-Old: Friend or Enemy. BY: Louise Bates Ames and Frances L. Ilg
- Your Four-Year-Old: Wild and Wonderful. BY: Louise Bates Ames
- Your Five Year Old: Sunny and Serene. BY: Louise Bates Ames
- Your Six-Year-Old: Loving and Defiant. BY: Louise Bates Ames and Frances L. Ilg
- Your Seven-Year-Old: Life in a Minor Key. BY: Louise Bates Ames and Carol Chase Haber
- Your Eight Year Old: Lively and Outgoing. BY: Louise Bates Ames and Carol Chase Haber
- Your Nine Year Old: Thoughtful and Mysterious. BY: Louise Bates Ames and Carol Chase Haber
- Your Ten- to Fourteen-Year-Old. BY: Louise Bates Ames and Carol Chase Haber
- Child Behavior: The Classic Child Care Manual from the Gesell Institute of Human Development. BY: Francis L. Ilg, Louise Bates Ames, and Sydney M. Baker
- Your Child’s Self Esteem. BY: Dorothy C. Briggs.
- You and Your Child’s Self Esteem. BY: James M. Harris.
- Complete Book of Breastfeeding. BY: Eiger, Marvin and Olds.
- The Magic Years. BY: Selma Fraiberg.
- Parenting Your Adopted Child. BY: Stephanie Siegel.
- What Works with Children. BY: Edited by Marshall P. Duke and Sara B. Duke.
- Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Five Years. BY: Steven P. Shelov.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Guide to Your Child’s Symptoms: The Official Home Reference – Birth through Adolescence. BY: Donald Schiff.
- Your Child’s Health: The Parents’ Guide to Symptoms, Emergencies, Common Illnesses, Behavior and School Problems. BY: Barton D. Schmitt.
- The Wonder Years: Helping Your Baby and Young Child Successfully Negotiate the Major Development Milestones (hardcover). BY: American Academy of Pediatrics, Tanya Remer Altmann.
BEHAVIOR, PARENTING, AND DISCIPLINE
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk. BY: Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.
- Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too. BY: Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.
- Raising Your Spirited Child Rev Ed: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic. BY: Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- Parenting the Strong-Willed Child. BY: Forehand and Long.
- Positive Discipline for Preschoolers, BY: Nelsen, Erwin and Duffy.
- 1,2,3 Magic. BY: Thomas Phelan.
- Whining: 3 steps to stopping it before the tears and the tantrums start. BY: Ricker, Crowder.
- Six Point Plan for Raising Happy, Healthy Children. BY: James Rosemont.
- PET: Parent Effectiveness Training. BY: Thomas Gordon.
- Making Children Mind without Losing Yours. BY: Dr. Kevin Leman.
- Beyond Discipline; Parenting that Lasts a Lifetime. BY: Edward D. Christopherson.
- Parenting a Child with a Learning Disability. BY: Tuttle and Paquette.
- The Loving Parents Guide to Discipline: How to Teach Your Child to Behave With Kindness, Understanding and Respect. BY: Marilyn Gootman.
- Loving Each One Best: A Caring and Practical Guide to Raising Siblings. BY: Nancy Samalin and Catherine Whitney.
- Raising a Responsible Child; How Parents Can Avoid Indulging Too Much and Rescuing Too Often. BY: Elizabeth Ellis.
- The Privileged Child BY: Madeline Levine.
- The Wonder Years: Helping Your Baby and Young Child Successfully Negotiate the Major Developmental Milestones (hardcover). BY: American Academy of Pediatrics, Tanya Remer Altmann.
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children. BY: Ross W. Greene
- Could it be Autism? Guide to the First Signs. BY: Nancy Wiseman.
- The Out of Sync Child. BY: Kranowitz, C. Pedigree Publishing. (Explains sensory integration disorders in children with practical suggestions.)
- It Takes Two to Talk. BY: Manolson, A. DESCRIPTION: A parent-oriented manual with a wealth of information and strategies for enhancing communication for children with social-communicative challenges. (available at www.hanen.org)
- The Child with Special Needs: Encouraging intellectual and emotional growth. Greenspan BY: S.I. & Wieder, S.
- Visual strategies for improving communication. BY: Hodgdon, l.
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. BY: Marc Weisbluth
- Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems. BY: Richard Ferber.
- Guide to Your Child’s Sleep. BY: G. Cohen.
- What Every Parent Should Know About Vaccines. BY: Paul Offit, Louis Bell, M.D.
- Autism’s False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine and the Search for a Cure. By: Paul Offit, M.D.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Guide to Your Child’s Nutrition: Making Peace at the Table and Building Healthy Eating Habits for Life. BY: William Dietz.
- Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family. BY: Ellen Satter.
- Coping With a Picky Eater; A Guide for the Perplexed Parent. BY: William G. Wilkoff.
PUBERTY AND TEENS
- Reviving Ophelia. BY: Mary Pipher.
- Caring for Your Adolescent Ages 12-21. BY: American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Your Ten to Fourteen Year Old. BY: Louise Bates Ames.
- The Care & Keeping of You: The Body Book for Girls (American Girl Library). BY: Valorie Schaefer and Norm Bendell
- The What’s Happening to my Body? Book for Boys: A Growing Up Guide for Parents and Sons. BY: Lynda Madaras.
- The What’s Happening to my Body? Book for Girls: A Growing Up Guide for Parents and Daughters. BY: Lynda Madaras.
- Raising a Thoughtful Teenager. BY: Ben Kamin.
- Real Boys: Rescuing our Sons from the Myths of Boyhood. BY: William S. Pollack.
- Ophelia Speaks: Adolescent Girls Write about Their Search for Self. BY: Sara Shandler.
- It’s So Amazing: A Book About Eggs, Sperm, Babies, and Family. BY: Robbie Harris.
- How to Talk to Your Kids about Sex: It’s Best to Start Early but it’s Never too Late- A Step-by-Step Guide for Every Age. BY: Linda and Richard Eyre.
- When Sex is the Subject. BY: Pamela M. Wilson.
- Love and Sex and Growing Up. BY: Eric W. Johnson.
- All about Sex: A Family Resource on Sex and Sexuality. BY: Ronald F. Moglia and Jon Knowles.
- Five Hundred Questions Kids Ask about Sex and Some of the Answers. BY: Francis Younger.
- Sex is More than a Plumbing Lesson: A Parent’s Guide. BY: Patty Stark.
- Sex is not a Four Letter Word! Talking with Your Children Made Easier. BY: Patricia Martens Miller.
- Belly Buttons are Navels. BY: Mark Schoen.
- How Were You Born? BY: Joanna Cole.
- Where Did I Come From? The Facts without any Nonsense and with Illustrations. BY: Peter Mayle.
- Where Do Babies Come From? BY: Susan Meredith.
ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER
- Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents. BY: Russell Barkley.
- Driven to Distraction: Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder from Childhood through Adulthood. BY: Edward M. Hallowell.
- Beyond Ritalin: Facts about Medication and Other Strategies for Helping Children, Adolescents and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder. BY: Stephen Garber.
- Eagle Eyes: A Child’s Guide to Paying Attention. BY: Jeanne M. A. Gehret.
- Otto Learns about His Medicine: A Story about Medication for Children with ADHD. BY: Matthew Galvin and Sandra Ferraro.
- Jumpin’ Johnny Get Back to Work!: A Child’s Guide to ADHD/Hyperactivity. BY: Michael Gordon, Ph.D.
- The ADD Hyperactivity Workbook for Parents, Teachers and Kids. BY: Harvey Parker.
- Beyond Ritalin. BY: S. Garber.
- Learning Disabilities and ADHD BY: Betty B. Osman.
- How to Reach/Teach Children with ADD/ADHD. BY: Sandra Rief
- Out of the Fog. BY: Murphy
- Daydreamers and Daredevils. BY: Ingersoll
- Complete Learning Disabilities Handbook. BY: Joan Harwell.
- A Parent’s Guide to Learning Disabilities: Understanding and Helping Your Child. BY: A D’Antoni, D. Minifie, E. Minifie.
- 1001 Ways to Improve Your Child’s School Work. BY: Lawrence Greene.
- Smart Kids with School Problems. BY: Priscilla Vail.
- Learning Styles. BY: Priscilla Vail.
- The School Survival Guide for Kids with LD. BY: R. Cummings, G. Fisher.
- Home is a Learning Place: A Parent’s Guide to Learning Disabilities. BY: H. Weiss, M. Weiss.
- The Complete Learning Disabilities Directory. BY: Grey House Publishing.
- Parenting a Child with a Learning Disability. BY: Tuttle and Paquette.
- The Misunderstood Child: Understanding and Coping with Your Child’s Learning Disabilities. BY: Larry Silver.
- It’s Nobody’s Fault: New Hope and Help for Difficult Children and Their Parents. BY: Harold S. Koplewicz.
- No One to Play With. BY: Betty Osmon.
- The Don’t-Give-Up Kid and Learning Differences. BY: Jeanne M. A. Gehret.
- Parents’ Guide to Attention Deficit Disorder and Parents’ Guide to Learning Disabilities. BY: Stephen B. McCarney and Angela M. Bauer.
- Helping the Child Who Does Not Fit In. BY: Stephen Nowicki and Marshall Duke.
INDIVIDUAL LEARNING STYLES
- All Kinds of Minds: A Young Student’s Book about Learning Abilities and Learning Disorders. BY: Melvin D. Levine.
- Keeping A Head in School: A Student’s Book About Learning Abilities and Learning Disorders. BY: Melvin D. Levine.
- Educational Care. BY: Melvin D. Levine.
- A Mind at a Time. BY: Melvin D. Levine.
- Frames of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences. BY: Howard Gardner
- Classroom Success for the LD and ADD Child. BY: Suzanne Stevens.
- Parenting a Struggling Reader: A Guide to Diagnosing and Finding Help for Your Child’s Reading Difficulties. BY: Susan L. Hall and Louisa Moats.
- The Gift of Dyslexia. BY: Ron Davis.
- Overcoming Dyslexia in Children, Adolescents and Adults. BY: Dale R. Jordan.
- About Dyslexia: Unraveling the Myth. BY: Priscilla Vail.
- The Many Faces of Dyslexia. BY: M. Rawson.
- Dyslexia: The Language Disability That Can Be Overcome. BY: Orton Dyslexia Society.
- Dyslexia: Especially for Parents . BY: Orton Dyslexia Society.
- Overcoming Dyslexia. BY: Sally Shaywitz.
ASTHMA, ALLERGIES AND ECZEMA
- Children with Asthma: A Manual for Parents. BY: Thomas Plaut.
- A Parent’s Guide to Asthma. BY: Nancy Sander.
- I’m Tougher Than Asthma. BY: Alden and Siri Carter.
- The Asthma Attack by Bo B. Bear. BY: Charlotte Casterline.
- Sportsercise: A School Story about Exercise-Induced Asthma. BY: Kim Gosselin.
- The Lion Who Had Asthma. BY: Jonathan London.
- All About Asthma. BY: William and Vivian Ostrow.
- One Minute Asthma, What You Need to Know. BY: Thomas F. Plaut.
- American Academy of Allergy and Asthma www.aaaai.org BY:
- Food Allergy Network-1-800-929-4040
- American Lung Association-1-800-Lung-USA
- Allergy and Asthma Foundation-1125 15th Ave., N.W., Suite 502, Washington, D.C. 20005, 1-800-7-Asthma
- Lung Line, National Jewish Medical and Research Center 1-800-222-lung (5864)
- Alcoholism: An Elephant in the Living Room BY: Marion H.Typpo and Hill M. Hastings, Compcare Publishing. (Hands-on workbook designed to help readers 4-8 understand their own feelings about having an alcoholic parent.)
- Dear Kids of Alcoholics BY: Lindsey Hall and Leigh Cohm Gurze Design and Books. (tells readers age 8-17 about life with an alcoholic parent through the eyes of a school-aged child.)
- Different Like Me: A Book for Teens Who Worry about Their Parent’s Use of Alcohol/Drugs BY: Evelyn Leite and Pamela Espeland, Johnson Institute. (A book about life with a parent who abuses alcohol or drugs that answers common questions frankly and empowers readers with a reassuring message.)
- Everything You Need to Know About An Alcoholic Parent BY: Nancy Shuker, Rosen Publishing Group. (A realistic look at what alcoholism is, its effect on the family and ways to find help and hope.)
- Divorce: The Parents Book about Divorce. BY: Richard Gardner.
- The Boys and Girls Book about Divorce. BY: Richard Gardner.
- The Next Place.
BY: Warren Hanson
- I’ll Always Love You.
BY: Hans Wilhelm
- Tear Soup.
BY: Pat Schweibert
- Dog Heaven.
BY: Cynthia Rylant
- Pet Loss.
BY: Herbert A. Nueburg, Ph.D & Arlene Fischer.
A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T| U| V| W| X| Y| Z|
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
ADHD and the school-aged child
American Academy of Pediatrics
Asthma Action Plan
Autism: Center for Autism Research
ANXIETY RESOURCES: https://www.anxietycanada.com/...
Baby Bottle Tooth Decay
Baby Wipes “Recipe”
Breath Holding Spells
Calcium for Teens
Care of Uncircumcised Penis
SafeUSA – public/private injury control alliance
Consumer Product Safety Commission (child product recalls)
Cholesterol – Helping Your Child or Teen Lower Blood Cholesterol
Developmental Milestones: Guidelines for Parents
Exercises for Lumbar/Core Strength & Stability
Recipes for Fortifying Formula
Gay and Lesbian Parents Information
Gay and Lesbian Teens Information
Lumbar/Core Strength & Stability Exercises
American Lyme Disease Foundation
Understanding Meningococcal B Vaccine
Military Children and Adolescent Support
NEEDLE FEAR: https://www.megfoundationforpa...
NEEDLE FEAR BOOK, The Pinch Pixie: https://www.amazon.com/Pinch-P...
Reliable Online Medical and Health Information
Responding to your child in times of crisis
Rhode Island Department of Health
Infant Cry, Sleep and Behavior Recommendations
Sports & Sports Injuries
Conditioning for the Female Knee
Steroids and Performance Enhancing Supplements
Teeth Guide for Parents