LATEST COVID-19 NEWS
We offer COVID-19 PCR testing at our office. Please call us to schedule an appointment for a test. PCR tests result in 24-48 hours. You can see these results on your child's My Chart account.
WE HAVE COVID VACCINES FOR PATIENTS 12+ YEARS OLD!
We will only have the Pfizer vaccine. At this time we will be giving vaccines on select dates. After we administer your vaccine we will have you wait in our office for 15 minutes.
Please call us to schedule a time to get your vaccine!
COVID-19 Vaccination and Children Resources:
American Academy of Pediatrics COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations: https://services.aap.org/en/ne...
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs: https://services.aap.org/en/pa...
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs for Parents: https://www.healthychildren.or...
Brown University Economist interviews Stephane Bancel, CEO of Moderna, and discusses the COVID-19 vaccine and children. Check it out! https://emilyoster.substack.co...
Answers to questions about the Covid-19 Vaccine: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/c...
The Basics of COVID-19 Vaccine Development: https://covidactnow.org/covid-...
COVID-19 Vaccine Product Information: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/c...
We hope you all are staying healthy during this challenging time. As many of you know, we have been offering telemedicine (video and/or audio) visits both to help ensure the safety of our patients and to give a convenient alternative for families to receive the care they need from home. We hope that as we move forward through this pandemic, we can continue to offer these services long term. At this time, telehealth for those with Rhode Island insurance is fully covered. It has come to our attention, however, that patients with out of state insurance may have to pay a co-pay or the cost of the visit may apply to their deductible. In the spirit of transparency, we want you all to be aware of this. Please reach out to your health insurance provider or call our office billing staff if you want more information. Thank you.
Wishing you all well,
East Bay Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
Wednesday April 1, 2020
We are continuing to provide safe care for both well and sick patients. This is a challenging time for all families so please do not hesitate to call us and set up an in person or virtual/audio visit with one of our providers to address your questions and concerns. We are here for you!
- General questions about COVID-19
- Questions about medications/inhaler use and refills
- Anxiety/mood concerns related to quarantining
- Follow ups (ADD/ADHD, acne, asthma, constipation etc)
- Stress management
- Weight management and food choices
- Well checks for all ages including college age patients who are now home from school
As always, we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Your health and safety is our first priority. We are all in this together!
YOU CAN FIND MORE RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES DURING COVID-19 HERE.
We know many of you have questions and concerns regarding the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. We are working hard to keep you and your family safe and healthy and are frequently reviewing and updating our protocols as we learn more about COVID-19. We want to provide you with up-to-date and reliable information, and we urge you to practice responsible social distancing.
As of today, Monday March 16, 2020:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our office. The waiting room will no longer have magazines/books available at this time.
- All patients and caregivers are requested to wear a face covering or mask in the office. This protects you and our staff.
- If your child is ill, please call our office to schedule a telehealth visit (either audio or video). If your child needs to be seen in person, we will work with you to do that in the safest manner possible.
- Please limit the number of people who come in with your child for well visits.
- If you think your child may have been exposed to a COVID-19 case or would like testing, please call our office. We can help coordinate testing for your child. There is also a RI Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline: 401-222-8022. You can also visit ri.gov/covid or email
- If the links below do not answer your questions, or if you have specific clinical concerns, please call our office and speak with one of our staff members.
From the RI Department of Health:
From the CDC:
Coronavirus homepage: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
About COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
Travel information and restrictions: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
From the American Academy of Pediatrics:
How to talk to your child about Coronavirus: